Re: [PCWorks] Can anyone using Gemstar Guide Plus for TV tuner cards, update your program listings?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:00:03 -0600

I haven't had any error messages with it in a while.  I just
tried again and mine is still screwed up.  I forgot about the
"Repair" for it in Add/Remove Programs so I tried that and that
worked, it's working ok now.  But the channel line-up is still
screwed up.  It's always left out numerous channels, and every
time the local cable company jacks around with the channel #'s,
Gemstar is oblivious to it.  Here QVC has been on channel 8 for
a few years, but just moved again to channel 2.  The program
just asked to choose whether QVC is on ch 5 or ch 8, so I had
to choose 8.  But at least it's updating now.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com