[PCWorks] ISP email limits Harold W. (Was: Re: Format Infected Hard Drive)

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:52:22 -0600

> Sorry I can't include the thread to all this...
> for some reason (my provider, perhaps) I
> am unable to send more than 20 lines of text

WTF?????  You seem to using Thunderbird, so that can't be it.
I've heard of some bad ISP's, but I have never heard of one
limiting text to 20 lines!  You really need to find out if it's
them, and if so, find another!  I think for now you'd be much
better off just using any of the numerous free email areas like
Gmail for one, which allows you to use OE and probably
Thunderbird as well to send and receive.  Maybe that will help
because then you could trash your ISP email address and use the
one you create with Gmail.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com
http://www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com

I booted from a boot disk, having put the offending hard drive
onto the
ide cable by itself (no other drive on the cable) then just
formatted it
....success!
Harold W