Re: [PCWorks] [Fwd: Format Infected Hard Drive]

  • From: "Ben Moore" <benmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 11:45:00 -0500

Lets try that again.  I'm still losing the first couple of lines...

 Glad you got things repaired.  You got several suggestions ... What did do
to format the infected hard drive.

Ben Moore

Date:   Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:15:49 +0000
From:   Harold Windle <ormer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harold Windle
<ormer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you everyone for all the help so readily offered.....Glad to say
that with this help, all is now well.
Best regards...Harold W

I do seem to be using the list frequently of late and thankfully it is
there when disaster strikes us all!
Another query I have now is.......Today I got infected with some "Highly
Critical" virus which absolutely trashed the hard drive. Fortunately I
had a "Clone" of this drive which I had made a few weeks ago and which
is now installed as the Master drive....so all is well in that respect.
So my question:  Is it safe to put the infected  hard drive as a slave
to this master drive so that I can completely format it to get rid of
the virus and put it back into use, or is there a danger of, by doing
so, that it might infect it's master by being on the same cable, so to
speak.
Help please....Thank you
Harold W