-=PCTechTalk=- [x post] Panda AV - Platinum

  • From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <WinTips-Tricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:22:29 -0600

I have a client that runs Panda on a Dell XPS laptop, recently reformatted &
reloaded with a clean copy of XP Pro and updated to SP2.  after reinstalling
her system and updating to SP2, Panda's built in firewall will not let her
connect to the internet while enabled.  we also had issues with keeping the
real time protection working.

almost same exact system, but a desktop, runs the same [different license]
Panda product but does not have SP2 loaded and it plays nicely.

I hate to say it, but Panda's tech support on this issue - over 3 weeks in
the work now - has been lacking.  we were sent 2 tools that would supposedly
fix the issues...

any one else having issues with Panda Platinum and SP2?

suzánne