-=PCTechTalk=- network?

  • From: beau thompson <n9mfk9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi group
I have a small home network
I have a cable modem use 1 wired a 4 port belkin 80211b router I use 1 wired
port for a desktop pc
then I have a hp notebook with built in 80211g
here is my question
on the wireless notebook I start out with a 11mps speed an good signal then you
use it for a bit an it drops to 5.5 or 1.0mips but still reads a strong signal
so what I trying to find out is were is the problem that make the speed drop
is notebook router or modem
all pc run xp home
thanks for any help

http://mail.yahoo.com