-=PCTechTalk=- gman, dial up/cable question signin window

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:20:53 -0400

Hey Guitarman,

I am back home where and moved the old computer back here from relatives
house.  You helped me set it up from dial up to cable.  Now I want to
connect dialup again.  You said it should not be a problem and I am online
but I want it the way it was.  I had disabled total access (an earthlink
thing) from startup.  I ticked that so it would start up as I could not go
online without it.  I "used to be able to" click on the "e" at the bottom of
my screen for explorer and a signup window for earthlink appeared that I
like alot better than this total access stuff.  When I use it with the total
access sign in it is slower and they put a toolbar thingy at the top of my
screen I do not like.

question is can I do a systems restore since I did create a restore point
right before setting up for the cable sign in.  Will that fix the dial up
the way it was (the sign in window etc.).  And since last week I defraged
and also compressed old files, will it change that back or will that remain
the same?  I know it does not affect files that are saved.

p.s. also how do I make my email (from) back to earthlink as default instead
of cox cable.  i.e. poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of poppy0206@xxxxxxxx

thanks,
hope this all makes sense.

Christine