-=PCTechTalk=- Thunderbird

  • From: Don <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:44:08 -0400

 Ihave been trying to move email from an installed version of Thunderbird to
a portable version.  Instructions say to move the contents of a specific
profiles folder to a specific folder in Thunderbird folder tree.  And thats
it.  Except it doesn't work.
The contents of the folder that gets moved is simply another folder that
contains the actual profile being moved.  Since portable Tbird only allows a
single profile (installed allows multiple profiles) I'm gonna try moving the
contents of the sub folder.  However, as I get ready to go try that, I would
like to request input from anyone who has tried a similar move.

Don

in the Subject.