-=PCTechTalk=- The Hangman cometh!

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:53:47 +1200

GMan!

Apologies for the hiatus.  For six weeks after your post I was bugged by
the inability of Windows Update to install KB927779.
On average I wd install it 5-6 times a day i.e. whenever the Yellow
Shield came up; researched all the MS help files, followed all helpful
suggestions (including yours) but without success. So kept offline as
much as poss.

THEN, I installed SP3 and behold! No More Yellow Shields (tho' neither
is KB927779 installed)

So I have been gently restoring files from Acronis (which has been
largely successful) but have a new problem in that Windows often hangs
when shutting down.  I get "Logging off", "Saving your settings",
"Windows is shutting down" and then it hangs ... and hangs.... and
hangs; until I have to manually Power Off.

Is there a File somewhere inside (which I could look at after
restarting) and which wd tell me what ACTUALLY happened?? and hopefully
give me clue as to how to correct the problem??

I wd appreciate ANY suggestions please

Roger W