-=PCTechTalk=- Re: uploading photo to server (webpages/composer)

  • From: Poppy0206@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:01:59 EST

In a message dated 12/1/2003 7:27:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Foxhillers@xxxxxxx writes:

Hi mjh.  It is a .jpg photo.
cristy.
When I open the file by clicking on it in "My documents" on my computer this
shows in the address bar at the top.

C:\Documents and Settings\CHRISTY\My Documents\ITMA\portfolio\index.html
> Cristy
When I copy and paste the above into IE , and browse it says no website
found.

The address that shows when I open the file in my electronic file box at the
school is https://filebox.vt.edu/users/cahtchns/itma/portfolio/index.html
When I copy and paste that in my address bar in IE, it takes me to my file box
but first I have to put in my password and user name.  Then  I can view my
webpage with the text and various links, but the photo does not display only
the
red x.