-=PCTechTalk=- Re: "runsearch" invasion

  • From: Drummer <drummers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:03:06 -0400

Okay... I have both AdAware and Spybot, but I just found I had to update
Spybot to version 1.2. When I did this I found spyware embedded on my PC
that the first version of Spybot missed, so that may be how and why
"runsearch" got in there... It's not much of a nuisance now, (runsearch) as
it's not set up as my active opening home page anymore, but it still sits in
there as IE's default home page and only search engine...

Since Norton didn't detect it or doesn't supply any current fixes for it, I
will try (when I get the time) things like Housecall or Panda to see if
their software worm or trojan killers have any effect...

Thanx,
greywoulf