-=PCTechTalk=- Re: router/hub question

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:45:23 -0800

When I got wireless broadband, the owner of the company said I
had to have a router -- period!  I could have bought it and yes,
he told me I would save money if I did, but I had him do it.

I didn't want to be bothered with learning anything about it.  I
like the idea with the router and Zone Alarm -- nobody can see
my address or computer is online.

Living in a remote area and having this fast connection is
totally terrific -- Thank goodness the man built a tower my
thing on the top of my roof can see.  I only used their back up
dial up service when the ice on the tower affected my service!

That was an eye-opener because I had forgotten how slow dial-up
was.  I enjoy uploading or downloading in seconds not hours now.

Judith
a **Renaissance Woman**
Book & Feng Shui Art Sites:
http://www.agoodread.com