-=PCTechTalk=- Re: problems

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:00:03 -0500

Wow... now even Earthlink is recommending us... we should feel honoured!
:o)
Welcome to the group, Les. You seem to be having multiple problems probably
stemming from several different sources. So, we'll try to take everything a
little at a time and see if we can help you out.

First off, how long have you had the computer? Unless you do regular
maintenance on your computer, all that good stuff we install and uninstall,
along with all the internet stuff that gets put on our system (ActiveX for
example), the computer starts getting boggled down. I always recommend
reinstalling Windows from scratch every 6-8 months. However, if you're being
nice and tidy with your computer, that probably isn't necessary.

Do you have any of the maintenance programs running on your system? I'm
referring to programs like Norton SystemWorks. Reason I ask is that those
maintenance programs tend to have a simple "check-n-fix my computer" scan.
Sometimes this solves problems, sometimes it doesn't. But, if you have it and
run it, that might help.

Do you do any regular maintenance on your system, and if so, what kind? What is
it you do regularly?

:::Troth :::
Computer driving you nuts?
//www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk