-=PCTechTalk=- Re: outlook express six question , email

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:52:33 -0400

You have an original email account that we will call Account A
You created a second account we will call Account B

To test B you sent a message from one of the accounts to the other.  It is
not clear what account that email was sent FROM.

The test email was sent and received as expected.

All the email in the inbox (are you sure you don't mean OUTbox?) of one
account was sent to the other account.

Did you create a second identity in Outlook Express for the second email
account?  (File>Identities>Add) (File>Switch Identity) Or are both of them
under the same identity?

When Outlook Express receives email for an account, it is UNREAD.  It will
be marked as READ after you select the message for the given time span set
in TOOLS>OPTIONS>READ tab.  (Read is usually listed in regular typeface and
UNread is in bold typface)

If both A and B are under the same identity they will share the same inbox
and outbox and other folders.  You may set filters to move them to different
folders as they are received but they still hit the same inbox before the
filters sort them.

If A and B have different identities in Outlook Express it is IMPOSSIBLE to
send mail from one account's INBOX to another account's INBOX unless the
software is corrupted (You can forward it to another account but not "send"
it).  There is no setting you could do wrong to cause that to happen.

If both A and B are under the same identity, when you click "Send/Receive"
(or you click "Send" if you have configured OE to send mail immediately) OE
will send ALL mail in the outbox from both accounts and will receive mail
into the inbox for both accounts.  If you use the Send/Receive picklist you
can select a single account to send/receive.

To see if the messages actually went from one account to the other look at
the account column in the message list.  If the account column is not there,
right click on the message list header bar and select columns.   Scroll down
to "account" and place a check mark in the little box beside it.  Then click
OK and go back to the message list and see what account the messages are in.

These bits of information are probably not much help, but with out knowing
more about how the accounts are set up... specifically the identity used for
each account, I can't be of any more help.

Don