-=PCTechTalk=- Re: message rules in oe

  • From: "David Morris" <dsmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:12:28 +0100

Eddie Carroll's method of saving OE Rules etc. seems brilliant, but I have
put it aside until I have more confidence in playing about with the Registry

When I want to save an email, I simply click "Save As" in the File Menu;
browse until I reach the folder, where I want to save it; give it a file
name; choose "Mail (*.eml)" in "Save as type"; click "Save" and that is that

What happened with Eddie's message (and several others recently) was very
strange. The file name appeared in the file where I had saved it but,
clicking on the file in the normal way to read it, produced a Microsoft Word
error message "[file name] is not a valid Web Archive"! However, if I use
the right click menu and click on "Open", it appears normally and I can read
it. If I save the file as a text file, I can read it, but would rather not
do so in Notepad

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how to put it right?

I run XP Pro SP2

Masochist