-=PCTechTalk=- Re: gmail account

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:50:56 -0400

I get that once in a while, too.  Since it's a new account, triple check
that you are indeed using the correct password.  But also know that it
happens once in a while with account that have been working fine for years.
Those normally indicate a server side issue that's beyond your control.  I
did have a single instance where it turned out that my password file was a
little corrupted and it was affecting two of my email accounts.  It may have
affected other passwords stored there, but I didn't bother tested them all
(hundreds).  I simply went into the OE settings and retyped the two bad
passwords which forced Windows to rewrite the password file and cleared up
the issue.

To test your new email account, try sending me (or someone else) a private
message with it.

Peace,
Gman