-=PCTechTalk=- Re: drive letters

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:34:53 -0800 (PST)

Spider1957: try this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307844
spider1957 <spider1957@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Is it possible to change the drive
letters where they are normal again? I
bought a new hard drive and used the windows xp disk to install it, the
Western Digtail support person said I had to go into the bios to force it to
boot from the cd drive. I had to of course move things around in the boot
order to do that, she said that would not change anything but now I have my
main drive as F, my 2nd drive as C, my floppy as A, and my CDRW drives as D
and E. I called WD support after the install and they said I would have to
call Microsoft to change the order..Ugggggggggg

Spider
http://home.coosahs.net/spider/
The selfish spirit of commerce knows no country, and feels no passion or
principle but that of gain.

Stop e-mail Harvesting:
 Protect Your Friends and Family
 Please:
 Use BCC when sending to multiple addresses.
 Please:
 Delete E-mail addresses when Forwarding.
Thank you and have a GREAT DAY.