-=PCTechTalk=- Re: burning cd - not an rw - just cd-r

  • From: Becky kane <bekkykane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:04:25 -0700 (PDT)

That would be my understanding as well. A CDR can be wrote too if it has not
been closed and all it did was write the new file and mark the other one as
corrupt and maybe even delete it if the cdr is closed but I think that unlikely
because I do not think it can write again over that spot but maybe it can mark
in the attributes.

  God Bless
  Becky
John Lehn <johnelehn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi,

My understanding is that if the cd-r has not been
"closed" you can keep adding files until you run out
of space, so therefore if the new file you added had
the same name as the old file, the system would just
replace the old file with the new one, I think??

Multiple files with the same name and extension cannot
generally reside in the same directory.

Everyone feel free to contradict me, of course ;-)

Cheers,

John Lehn