-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Word 97 question

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:28:36 EST

Sylvia
   First, ask the donor to provide the software for the computer.  Then, no
matter what happens, you can reinstall his system.
   Second, get the user name for WORD97 and do a FIND on that name.  That
will show you where the file holding that user name is located and perhaps
you can modify it there.
   Third, make sure you keep the bill of sale/gift for this system so there
is no question of your son's right to have it and it's software.

   Otherwise, WORD97 will work just fine.

   You do not mention what kind of system he has or it's operating system.

    Low cost options to WORD97 that are file compatible are: STAR and Lotus
Millenium Edition.
Hope this helps
mjh
ps  my son is developmentally disabled and lives of LOW income and has had a
computer for over twenty years..... I know the path you walk.