-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows ME - Safe Mode?

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:57:51 -0800

Hi Lacey,
take a Windows boot disk 98 or ME with you and a PS2 mouse, it may be a USB
conflict.
A usb mouse will not work in DOs for the restore clicks<G>

Boot up with the floopy then choose MS-DOS from the list of options to get
to the restore option

You may also be able to backup her data with a dos program called Xcopy
http://www.computerhope.com/xcopyhlp.htm

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 09/01/2004 at 9:24 PM ~Lacey~ wrote:

Uh, thats okay if its working properly but currently she can only boot up in
safe mode and has no mouse clickie or keyboard (she says)....  I'm going
over there tomorrow to figure it out... sometimes its easier to figure out
the problem in person than over the phone!

Thanks,
~Lacey~