-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WinXP Malware updates

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:06:21 -0400

It probably is so. But, since its always good to know what it is that's
updating, you should set your WINDOWS UPDATE settings to automatically
download the updates for you, and then just tell you they're ready. =
That'll
give you that little pop-up balloon on the bottom right, that you click =
on,
and it would show you which updates are coming in. For the most part, =
you
usually want to install all the updates listed.

To get to this setting, if you desire, right-click on MY COMPUTER, =
select
PROPERTIES, then go to AUTOMATIC UPDATES, and then place a mark in the
selection labeled DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR ME, BUT LET ME CHOOSE WHEN TO =
INSTALL
THEM.

By the way... this refers to Windows XP. If you have Vista, its probably =
bit different. I am not running Vista yet on a regular basis, so cannot
check it on that system.

~ SirTroth
~ ICQ: 1717439
~ YAHOO: SirTroth