-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dial Up Connection

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:59:46 -0500

Thanks, G, for the suggestions and explanation.  I will try these things
before calling my ISP.  My ISP is also the computer shop that sold me my
first computer, built it, and installed everything for me.  I believe the
owner of the shop is extremely intelligent and really knows his stuff but
his people skills are--hmmm--somewhat questionable.  He is nice enough but
used to not be able to complete a sentence without sh-- in it and nevermind
how many ladies were present.  Also he is the one that signed me up to have
automatic monthly payments withdrawn from the bank at $14.95 a month and
then several years ago they just stopped.  Many phone calls and e-mails to
him and he always said it was his problem and he would fix it.  Never has.
So my internet service has been free for a long time.  But I digress!!!! My
local tech works for him and is much more personable but perhaps not as
savvy.  Sorry, more than anyone wanted to know.  Thanks again G and Lil!!
Sandi