-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WAY OFF TOPIC - VOTE FOR BABY TROTH

  • From: "David Weaver" <djweaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:28:20 -0400

While you both, may see this as mutant, you ought to realize that maybe
just for once, this is a lot of people's way to thank Troth for all the
volunteer work he does on this list.  Anitra, I take your point and I do
understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, as I pointed
out this is one way to thank Troth.  We all have a certain amount of
anonymity here, and it makes it hard some times to truly thank someone.
Arnold, if you don't think other people are doing the same, asking
friends and family to vote, you truly do yourself a disservice by
overestimating people.  I too read the rules, and Troth did nothing to
break them.  And I'm sure whatever money involved, Troth like most new
parents could use the money.  God knows I wish I had a computer when my
son was born; we could have used the money from a contest like this.

I've seen other OFF-TOPIC topics go further and with nastier email than
this one (why this had to get nasty I have no bloody idea), and nothing
is said except by the moderators.  Funny how now this topic of all
topics should bring out the worst side in people.

Dave

<snip>
Anitra, thank you!
I understand asking some friends to pitch in with a vote just for
comradery
sake, and I went to vote myself, but it turned into a sham. Actually, it
is
a neat costume, and might have won fair and square, but now you deprived

yourself.

You people should be ashamed of yourself. Grow up!
arnold

</snip>