-=PCTechTalk=- Re: The last of Nachi???

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:58:39 -0500

I have a cd in my car - with a lot of those things on it! my friend's computer
is having problems - again! I made one the last time too, but some of the
programs are outdated now. She's on a dial up so it takes too long to sit and
download them at her house also. She hasn't called me back to come over though,
so I'm hoping she was able to do some of the cleaning herself this time!
Is there a way to download windows updates to  an old computer - to put them on
a new computer before it touches the internet? and - the same with maybe AVG
until you got online to update the norton?

My hubby keeps promising me a new computer - just got another promise today
since my spot for presents under the tree is pretty bare! If he gets a bonus
this year, I can have a new computer. That's around March, I believe. I figure
I'll put my anti-spyware on a disk 1st - but what about the updates for that?
they seem to auto update directly to the installed programs. What a game of
'cat and mouse' the internet has turned into!! I also figure I'll put a
firewall on before I even connect to the internet - if that's possible. I think
it should be.

Cris