-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Scan Disk in XP

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 08:32:35 -0400

In XP, if you go to MY COMPUTER, and right-click on the drive in question, you
select PROPERTIES. Then, go to the TOOLS tab. Under ERROR-CHECKING click on the
CHECK NOW, and this will run ScanDisk in XP.

..::[Sir Troth]::..
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
ICQ: 1717439
AIM: SirTrothX
MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx
YAHOO: SirTroth
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

  From: "gratchie" <gratchie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer is slowing down
  Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:48:18 +0800

  i cannot seem to find scandisk in xp pro.
  is it installed by default?

  thanks
  gratchie

  ------------------------------

  Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:50:23 -0400
  From: "Linda F. Johnson" <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  In xp pro, it's called Error Checking

  Right click on the drive you want to run scandisk on....select
  Properties from the menu.....click on the Tools tab...in there you will
  see Error Checking

  Linda
  Publisher ~ ABC ~ All 'Bout Computers
  Owner ~ Linda's Computer Stop