-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Recommedation on printers

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:14:42 -0800

Had this same attitude with Gateway.  Spent $3,500 for my
computer and they built it wrong by putting two (2) 250 gig Sata
hard drives on top of each other without any air flow.  They
burned out at the same time.  Will I ever buy another Gateway
product -- not in this lifetime.

Judith
__________________

Florida Greetings to you all,
One of my students recently purchased a new Dell laptop & then
also
purchased an HP - all - in - one scanner, copier, & printer.
His trouble
began after he scanned a two paragraph Word document into his
computer, then
he put it into Windows Mail (he is running Vista) as an
attachment.  When
trying to send it out the program would take a half hour trying
to send the
message but ultimately ended up saying that the attachment was
too big to
send.  He picked a .jpeg that was already in the computer &
tried sending
that as an attachment & it went out immediately.  He can send
anything that
was not scanned with the HP but anything that he scanned it
would not go
out.

GMan, you recommended uninstalling & reinstalling the HP....did
that but the
results were the same.  Called HP tech support talked to a tech,
didn't like
her answer & asked to speak to her supervisor.  Her supervisor
was as bad in
attitude or even worse than she was.  Their reply was 'as far as
HP was
concerned the scanner was doing what it should do...which was
scan.  As far
as being able to send what was scanned, well that was not there
problem.
They are not responsible for the lack of results do to the email
program or
the Internet.  They were only responsible for their product to
be able to
scan, or copy.

I told her that my HP scanned & I could send what was scanned
via email just
fine.  There position did not change...she just said lucky me.
I told her
we would return the HP & get a different model & they send that
would change
nothing.  I told her that, with that attitude I would never buy
another HP
nor would I ever recommend them.  She said that was my privilege
to do so.

What a lousy attitude!

So do you nice & knowledgeable people have any recommendations
as to what
brand to get?

Thank you,
Jan