-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Recommedation on printers

  • From: "don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:37:45 -0500

First off, HP was correct.  It is not their problem.  However, their
attitude was entirely wrong and you should fire off a letter to the company
about it.

The file you scanned and tried to email may be too large to email.
Depending on the settings of the scanner even a two paragraph text document
could scan into a massive document. There are several variables depending on
whether you do an OCR scan or an image scan and what type of image file you
scan to.  Check the help files for tips.

Also, check with your ISP and ask how large of a message their server can
handle.  RoadRunner allows up to 15MB.  That means I can create a message
with about 10 MB or so of content because MIME encoding adds a lot to the
size of the message.

Don