-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Program Malwarebytes

  • From: Dan Chisolm <d0ct0rdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:23:05 -0400

According to CNET:

"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a surprisingly effective freeware antimalware
tool. It's a relatively speedy malware remover, with the quick scan taking
about 8 minutes even with other high-resource programs running. The heuristics
engine proved on multiple computers during empirical testing that it was
capable of determining the difference between false positives and dangerous
apps.

The app has some nice features rolled in, too. It supports multiple drive
scanning including networked drives, context menu options including a
scan-on-demand for individual files, and the FileAssassin option under the More
Tools section for removing locked files.

The interface is simple, but pleasant-looking and well-organized. Tabs live
just below the oversized logo, with few options per tab to keep down the
clutter. The installation process was fast enough, but interestingly offered up
the well-kept changelog and an instant definition file update.

Do note that the real-time protection is restricted to the paid version, as is
the scheduler for updates and scans. Overall, though, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
is a responsive malware remover that does what it should with a minimum of
fuss."

~ Dan

> From: my2punkin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Program Malwarebytes
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:00:19 -0700
>
> I am really up a tree with this program....so far it HAS worked well in
> places where other simiilar progrmas haven't.. the one thing I don't like
> about it is you have to manually update--it IS a freebie. I have gone thru
> heck and high water trying to find somewhere on this web site to ASK if the
> registered ( paid) for version automatic uptdates. but there just isn't a
> place to do that. Unless I am missing something, it would seem you aren't
> allowed to ask ANY question at all until you pay for it..which seems just a
> bit nutz...I want my answer before I pay for the darn thing. The further I
> hunted not finding any way to conect the madder I got. Does anyone else run
> this program as a paid deal and can tell me if this thing will do auto load
> updates?
> ml
OR
in the Subject.