-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE Spell is in Spanish

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:02:21 -0800

Except Gman, Microsoft screwed Office 2007 up by only offering
the French Dictionary to OE - this is a change from prior
versions.

I found this out when I googled about it.  There are plenty of
ticked off people.  By your mentioning where to go in MS Office,
I was able to disable the French Dictionary (spell) from taking
over in OE.  Thus spell.exe showed up in it's place.

All the Programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, etc.) have English
spell checking but there is no way to convert (cross over) to
OE.  MS did this intentionally and it's the worst PR mistake
they made because a lot of us users like OE instead of Outlook.

When I have time, I will see if Outlook does indeed have an
English Spell like I suspect.

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com