-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Mozilla to OE

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:02:41 -0500

I've been watching this from a distance.  First, I understand what
you mean when you say Pegasus is not intuitive.  I've tested many,
many E-Mail programs and *I* found it hard to set up.  I'd hoped the
newer Windows version would make lots of the issues go away, but it
would appear it hasn't.

I know many like Calypso, and I tried it for a while myself.  While I
think it is a nice program, I don't think it's "above" all other
choices.  For free, there's also Foxmail which I felt was pretty good
and easy......very easy to set up.

For those willing to pay for Eudora, I'd suggest you look at others
as well......including TheBat and Poco.  Each time the question is
asked.......what E-Mail programs are recommended, each of us pipes up
with our favorites.  It's kind of like asking which is better, "Ford
or Chevy".

 Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

     ,,,,,,,,
     Ô¿Ô¬
  Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Monday
03/17/2003
14:58:16

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own
way.
-- Anonymous

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

¤¤¤¤¤ On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:51:10 +1200
¤¤¤¤¤ DH (Rick) Holmes wrote:
¤
¤
¤
¤ Thank you for your detailed response, is it Doug or Wyatt?.  I will
¤ look at Calypso later today, or tomorrow. Eudora, I agree is
¤ spoiled by the ads.  I used to use the Lite version quite some
¤ years ago now - it was OK then, I guess.
¤ As for Pegasus, it looks as though it originates in this country,
¤ and is very full of features, but I had a little difficulty doing
¤ what I wanted. I'm wanting something a bit more intuitive, and
¤ reading a lot of 'Help files' tend to confuse me because my memory
¤ is so poor (At least I seem to remember that it is!!!)
¤
¤ And thanks to everyone else who responded too.  This list is
¤ certainly the 'Cat's pyjamas'.
¤
¤
¤ Best wishes
¤
¤ Rick H (In the Shaky Isles)
¤
¤
¤
¤ Wyatt M. Portendt wrote:
¤ ¤ alypso is free.  It can be set up to be *true* text only or
¤ HTML.  It has
¤ ¤ he most complete filtering of any email program I've seen and it
¤ has the
¤ ¤ ption to delete from server without downloading.  It can use
¤ regular
¤ ¤ xpression filtering (very powerful) and all the multi account,
¤ yada yada.
¤ ¤ t has an encrypted mailbox as well.  To back it up you simply
¤ copy the
¤ ¤ rogram installer (about 4.1 Mb) and the mailbox folder (on mine
¤ it is
¤ ¤ bout 4.2Mb with about 300+ messages and four email accounts) and
¤ ¤ VERYTHING is saved.  Filters.  Messages.  Configurations.
¤ Addressbooks.
¤ ¤ ll of it.  You just reinstall the program and point it to your
¤ saved
¤ ¤ ailbox.  You never need lose anything again.  It is the best
¤ email program
¤ ¤ 've ever used - paid or otherwise.  It's also very fast and
¤ leaves a small
¤ ¤ ootprint.  It has tons of features and it WORKS!  I can't
¤ recommend it
¤
¤ To unsub or change your email settings:
¤ //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
¤
¤ To access our Archives:
¤ //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/