-=PCTechTalk=- Re: LogMeIn (was Laptop Setup)

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 01:32:21 -0400

Glo,

You do install the software on the PC you want to access from elsewhere, so
you need to install it on your work PC.  This will put a LogMeIn icon in
your system tray near the time.  Hmm, maybe this will help:

1) Go to www.logmein.com and register for an account.  Its mostly just email
address (which is also what you use to login) and password.  Its easiest to
register the first time on a PC you want to access remotely because the
first time registering that email address automatically brings you to
installing the software.
2) If you need to install the software on another PC, then go to that PC,
sign-in at www.logmein.com, click the "Add Computer" link on the right side,
and follow the directions.
3) To access one of your PC's from elsewhere, sign-in at www.logmein.com ,
click the computer name in the list, and click "Remote Control".  The first
time you access another PC by clicking on its computer name, IE will need to
install an ActiveX control (and FireFox installs an addon).  Also, at some
point it will ask for a login name and password, which is a valid username
and password for the PC you are trying to access (your work PC).

Ed