-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Latest Adobe on Win98?

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:05:57 EST

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:35:17 CST, "John W." wrote:
> I use Win 98SE. I installed Adobe 6.0.1. It was such a resource
> hog that I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older version I was
> using before, version 5.0

Are you or others here who still use AcroRead 5.0 or 5.1 getting a
box before opening certain PDFs saying

"This file may contain newer information than this viewer can
support.  It may not open or display correctly."

and advising you to obtain a newer version of Acrobat products?

And, clicking the box supposedly to tell it not to show you this in
the future, doesn't work.

I've encountered this when reading PDFs currently available from
International Speedway Corp., familiar to some of you who follow
auto racing.  I'll see if I can complain to them about it, as well
as to Adobe.

--
BOB dot in dot jersey at Juno dot com