-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Just a little tip..........

  • From: donelias@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:57:21 -0600

The thing I don't like about using tunyurl (or one of the
similar services) is that there is no way to determine
what the actual site is.  I usually want to know what
the site is because I might recognize it as one I have
accessed before and had problems with the site or
maybe it is one I have already thoroughly browsed.

I can very easily reconstruct broken links - or I may
not even have to if I recognize them.  I reconstruct them
by copying and pasting into (usually) Notepad.

The ideal solution, in my opinion, would be to provide
both: the full URL (even if broken) and the shorthand
version.  The description noted, if provided, may or may
not be meaningful to other users.

Maybe for you folks that have high speed on-all-the-time
connections can use that to find the actual site from the
tinyurl notation but I would have to fire up my dial up
connection to do so.

Don