-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ITUNES question

  • From: dswabc <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 19:39:59 -0700 (PDT)

iPods are MP3 players that also play proprietary
iPod music files and have
accessories that cost almost as much as the iPod
does.

A dozen other companies make MP3 players (that do
NOT play iPod proprietary
[that means expensive to download] music files)
but do play a wide variety
of music files such as wav and wma.

Accessories for those are not as readily
available as they are for the iPod,
but what is available is not as expensive.

My Wal-Mart has at least 3 or 4 different MP3
players that hold as much or
more than any iPod and cost far less.  A new item
that has not hit the shelf
yet, but is in the store waiting for release, is
a 2GB model from RCA that
costs under $70.

Don