-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IDE2 & IDE3 Connectors on new build

  • From: "Chris" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:23:56 +0100

Cajun

First things
The HDD must be Master on IDE 1
My old zip used to work on any of my IDE connections - are you using cable
select or master and slave.
I would try the zip as slave on IDE 1 for now
Leave the CD alone for the moment
With set up as above what happens?
Enter BIOS and see which drives are reconised.
If it will not work with cable select then manually set the jumpers to
master and slave - Hdd = master

Let me know how you get on

Chris
chris@xxxxxxxxxx