-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Home Networking Newbie

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:28:43 -0700

You asked it the Ethernet cards are 10/100. I dunno, but I do have the
latest Aida32v390 so I ran that and here is what it says about the Ethernet
card(s) I have:

[ AMD PCNET Family Ethernet Adapter ]

Network Adapter Properties:

Network Adapter AMD PCNET Family Ethernet Adapter
Interface Type   Ethernet
Hardware Address 00-80-5F-5A-F7-06
Connection Speed 10 Mbps
MTU 1500 bytes
Bytes Received 6512 (6.4 KB)
Bytes Sent 6960 (6.8 KB)
Network Adapter Addresses:
IP / Subnet Mask 169.254.128.5 / 255.255.0.0
DHCP 255.255.255.255
Network Adapter Manufacturer: Company Name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Product Information
http://www.amd.com/us-en/ConnectivitySolutions/ProductInformation/0,,50_2330_6629,00.html

Driver Download
http://www.amd.com/us-en/ConnectivitySolutions/ProductInformation/0,,50_2330_6629,00.html

[ PPP Adapter. ]

Network Adapter Properties:
    Network Adapter PPP Adapter.
    Interface Type  Ethernet
    Hardware Address 44-45-53-54-00-00
    Connection Speed 9 bps
    MTU   1500 bytes
    Bytes Received  0
    Bytes Received 0

Network Adapter Addresses:
    DHCP  255.255.255.255

Hopefully this will tell me what I need to know. Does this answer your
question? Will this work with the router (Netgear MR814 802.11b Cable/DSL
Wireless Router) I ordered? I can see that this is gonna be one heck of a
learning experience, LOL!

BTW, I looked up Pringle Can. I was overwhelmed...man, I can see I have led
a sheltered life. Simply fascinating.

Thanks again for your help,

Sammi