-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help on defrag and what's needed in msconfig

  • From: "Dolores" <inquisitive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:29:24 -0500

sorry as had gone to bed shortly after sending my request - I didn't have a
screen saver on as thought about that also so have no idea what was running
in the background. I've had that suggestion before - i.e. run defrag in safe
mode - but I don't know how to get there - the only choice I have is DOS and
in there it tells me it can't do it because it needs Windows - I have
learned a lot since my first computer but have SO much more to learn :-(
Remember I'm using 98SE. Would appreciate instructions of how to go into
safe mode.  Thanks for the url - I've got it bookmarked as would continue to
be an excellent source if I added any other programs.  Dolores