-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMan --Re: Re: Video Card Question

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 00:13:50 -0400

Rudy,
    I actually meant a separate driver disk that would have come with the
monitor, NOT the video card.

    What model is your Hanns-G?  Perhaps I can get to the bottom of this
once I'm armed with that info.  I'd also like you to open up your Display
Properties and tell me all of the presently available resolutions from
lowest to highest, if you wouldn't mind.  The very first resolution you told
me you were running was one of the 16:10 ratios, so you may already have all
of the possible options for that monitor right there (a couple 16:10 ratios
included instead of 16:9's).

    My Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (which does include a driver disk) uses a
standard DVI cable while this system sports an eVGA GeForce 7950 GT PCIe
with 256MB (midrange card).

    As for test patterns, I'll have to get back to you on that.  It's too
late to go hunting them down tonight as I have two showers to build tomorrow
and need to get to sleep very soon.            lol

Peace,
GMan