-=PCTechTalk=- Re: (Fwd) Pegasus Mail v4.02 released

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:30:32 -0400

Not dumb at all!  Yes, you can run multiple E-Mail programs.  I often do it
while testing new ones.  Pegasus is indeed a fine program I used for quite a
while many years ago.  I have not used it since they created a Windows (not
DOS) version.  The old Pegasus was not very intuitive to set up.....but once
done worked quite well.  It's probably not fair to say that now, though, as I'm
sure it's changed a great deal since I used it.  In my opinion, there are many
good free, or reasonably priced programs to use as alternatives to Microsoft
products.  Try Pegasus, TheBat!, or Poco.  Several on the list like Becky,
though I don't think it's supported any more so I would not recommend using it
(no future, no fixes).

Remember one thing, though, if you use more than one program.  When you set the
programs up, you should make sure that your mail is deleted from the server by
only one program.  If all programs you run delete the mail from the server, you
will have mail scattered between programs and that could be really confusing.
I have Poco delete the mail from the server.  All others are set to leave the
mail on the server for "x" number of days.  That way I can test a program
completely without affecting my actual mail.  Hope that makes sense.

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

   Master NetLord
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Friday
8/2/2002
9:24:05 AM

You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats. -
Colonial American proverb