-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Reply for Lil

  • From: "Lilian" <lilian.oswaldocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:03:21 -0300

Roger... you are a real gent :o))  and thanks for the info on Tinyurl!  I
have it on my desktop and use it quite a lot when I have those looooong
links.  But I didn´t know about the Preview thing.  Will go learn a thing or
two <g>

I think I would have liked your great uncle´s sense of humour...  By
coincidence just a few weeks ago I saw a program on Discovery Channel about
the building of the Union Pacific railroad (at least I think it was the
Union Pacific) by the Chinese out of San Francisco (?) and how hard it was
in Winter on the Donner Pass.  Apparently there was a rivalry between the
two teams, one working westward and the other eastward, to see who would
reach the joining point first.  The Chinese out of west got there first, but
left half a mile of tracks undone till the other team arrived so that the
others could get to the target at the same time as them.  I wonder if this
sort of
thing would happen these days???

Thanks again, Roger!

Lil