-=PCTechTalk=- Re: For the network gurus

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:50:52 -0400

I just want to expand on one thing with Ryan's mention of flashing a router
with firmware not provided by the original maker.  Not all routers will
support it, even within a particular model.  In some cases, different
revisions of a model may or may not support it.  For those that can support
it, the benefits can be astronomical (i.e. turn your $30 router into a $300
router).  For those that can't, catastrophic (i.e. turn it into a
paperweight).  Do your homework and then several other people's before you
decide to pull that trigger.