-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox, java,binary files???

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:39:41 -0500

That's not too bad.  Some folks can't even see their wallpaper.  The thing
is that everything Windows has to draw and keep in memory will pull from its
pool of resources.  The more icons there are on your desktop, the less the
system is able to devote to other tasks like multimedia.  Lessen the number
of items and you'll have more power at your disposal.  This is one of the
main reasons I suggested using the Quicklaunch bar a while back.  The system
treats the entire bar as a single entity, but each icon or folder on the
desktop gets its own memory space.  I don't think 12 items on the desktop
will have too much effect on your ability to run a moving screensaver, but I
still thought I'd mention it.

Peace,
Gman