-=PCTechTalk=- Re: FireFox Revised

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:00:30 -0800

If you don't mind EditPad replacing Notepad entirely
[no bad thing, considering Notepad's limitations] you could just
rename "notepad.exe" to "_notepad.exe" and put a shortcut to
editpad.exe in that folder. Then rename the shortcut to
"notepad.exe".

Faustus
Already did this for IE.  Went into Windows folders and changed
anything that had notepad to editpad by the method you just
explained.

But I don't see in the Firefox folder where I can do this.  I
don't know what they call their text editor.  Do they use
notepad or did they create another one?

Judith