-=PCTechTalk=- Re: FED UP WITH IE7

  • From: "Dr. Benway" <benwaydr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pat,

I'll let the gurus take over on this one but as I
understand it IE is integrated into M$'s
[non]operating system (whatever version you have)
making it both difficult and unwise for you to delete
it. You can however stop it from being your default
browser and use one of the many good alternatives. I
actually use an old version of Maxthon which sits on
top of the IE engine but is much easier and better to
use for me. I like Opera as well but I use Maxthon
because it is one less set of security updates I have
to keep up with (ie. because it uses the explorer
engine I just need the normal monthly security updates
from microsoft.
--- Patricia <rhekay@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am so fed up with Internet Explorer 7  I want to
> remove it
> so far I went to Add/Remove and removed it...then I
> deleted
> all the shorcuts for it. I restarted my pc and I
> already had downloaded
> IE6 setup  but when I try to install it I get
> Set up has detected a newer version of Internet
> Explorer already installed
> on this system.Setup cannot continue
> any SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!
> I refuse to use IE7 anymore.

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through." Robert Hunter