-=PCTechTalk=- Re: External Hard Drive,

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:19:27 -0500

When your hard drive is connected AND turned on, its just another hard drive.
The computer doesn't really care if its an internal or external. It's a hard
drive and the computer assigns it a drive letter. So, yea, you can turn it on
whenever you're going to download. Will save you the extra step of transferring
later.

However, if you value the files so much that you can't afford to lose them, you
should have multiple copies. A copy on the internal and a copy on the external
is a good backup method. Of course, this won't help much if there's a fire at
your location, but you know what I mean!
:o)

Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX