-=PCTechTalk=- Re: External Drive (Storage) (Used to be Firefox vs IE)

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:05:11 -0600

Nuts!! I thought I knew how to do this and it would be a piece of
cake---NOT.  First I thought I had to get My Documents into the right pane
and then locate Backups in the external storage drive and simply right click
and drag it and copy it.
When I click on My Documents in the left pane it shows all the components in
the right pane.  I thought of selecting the top one, shift, select the
bottom one and then right click and drag to the left pane and drop into
backups.  But, that did not seem right as it would surely copy all the
contents and they would not be within the My Documents folder.
I decided maybe this drag and drop could go either way so I clicked on the
Storage Drive and it displayed the Back up folder in the right pane.  I
selected My Documents in the left pane , right clicked and dragged it into
the the right pane and hovered over Backups, let go and it gave me the
option of creating a shortcut or cancel.  I backed out of that and now I am
wondering just what I am doing wrong!!
Help! Sandi