-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Device Manager? - Orgainizing files

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:59:20 -0700

 Thank you Murray... Sorry I did not credit you with the original zip
file/desktop warning.  It is appreciated.  Info about theses things helps us
all.

And GMan...thanks for your kind words.  I would be honored for you to use my
tutorial in any manner.

As you may have guessed by now, I am a life long analyst.  I probably came
out of the womb telling the dr. there was a more efficient way to deliver
babies....lol!

I only developed the system of creating a folder with a sub folder for the
zip as I could not figure out where to put the zip file that I would ever
find it later.  ha ha!
The folder pictures and Icons just help me find what I need.  Necessity
being the mother not of invention/or creation...but of the application of
someone else's invention/creation.

I actually have..in each partition..and in the big subdirectories...a New
Folder with a sub folder named Download File.  Then, I just have to
highlight and do a cntrl+C to copy it and then do a cntrl+P to paste that
New Folder .  I right click and rename it and the download file folder is
already there.  It saves a few steps.  After I do the first Copy command,
then I can do just the Paste command each time I want to create a new folder
with the subfolder in it.  Today, I ran into a big sale and purchased a
dozen or so items.  Just not having to create the dozen or so sub-folders
saved me some time and assured that when I was doing the redundant steps of
downloading files, I did not forget where to put things.  It also helps when
I get interrupted during the process.  It allows me to find my place and
keep on track.

I  am basically a lazy person, so I typically find the easiest way/most
efficient way to do most things.  But, I can get a bit anal.....lol!  I am
even fairly structured in my approach to washing dishes!

I  have learned to be careful though.  Have you heard of the analyst's
disease?

"Paralysis through Analysis"

It is analyzing something to death! and being unable to get anything done!

Again, thanks GMan.. We appreciate all you do...all the reams of pages of
inspiration and education and all the thought and analysis that goes behind
the finished product we see.  We also appreciate the heart behind all that.

We have had  and do have great mods and contributors over the years.  We are
a very lucky group.

We appreciate all those on this list that contribute both answers and
questions!  I have learned a lot on this list because someone asked a
question I had either not thought about or just lived without knowing.

This list is full of gems and I am proud to be a member with them! (Not sure
I am one of the 'gems' though'  if so, well then maybe Fools Gold! ha ha!)
Rose
Las Vegas