-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Create a SAFER Recycle Bin!

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:09:19 -0500

WinZip makes its own directory when you install it, so you can't really
confuse it with the built-in XP zip handler. On the XP Zip program, I have
no idea what its under, but its integrated into the OS, so it probably
doesn't have a straight directory or such.

With WinZip, when you install newer versions, if I remember correctly you
should be able to install right into the old directory. If its creating a
new directory and install on each installation, you have a problem there...
not necessarily a major problem, but a problem none-the-less. I would use
ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and get rid of ALL copies of WinZip and then reinstall
the latest version you have again.

Here's nothing to mess up, so I wouldn't fear that.

---Troth