-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Changing the choice of opening file

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:43:58 -0800

There are a couple of methods you can use. One is to open up
PSP and go to Options, there you should be able to uncheck the
file types that you don't want it to open. Then open the
program you want to use for those files andassociate them to
it.
hth,
zat
___________
The above method was the only way that worked for me.  PSP 8
took over everything because when I initially installed it, I
didn't understand what it was asking me -- the question was
vague (LOL) so all my jpgs (actually every kind of graphic)
started opening in the program instead of IE.

Really ticked me off until I used the above solution.  You'll
find it under File, Preferences, File Format Associations --
just uncheck the files you don't want PSP to open then click
OK.

Hey I get to answer a question -- will wonders never cease :-)

Judith