-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD-Rom help needed again

  • From: "Sylvia" <sylviam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:36:33 -0700

Well Bless you Miss Rose! What a kind offer!! I am overwhelmed....

I have just bid on one from eBay, hopefully I won't get burned! But, I have
these other family members to help on their puters after I get this one up
and running. But thank you so much for these URLs I am sure I will be
needing them. And using them, too.

I wonder...I have to take the "borrowed" CD-ROM out and put it back in the
g'son's computer, but here is what I noticed:

After it goes into its start up screen (Post) I see the CD-ROM driver and
then right below that it says "No CD-ROM found". But when I go to the
Device Manager it shows it there and of course, tells me that "this device
is working properly". Hah!

Actually the "borrowed" CD-ROM could read data CDs or install a program,
but although the icon in My Computer showed an audio CD as such, it
couldn't play it. Can you see me beating my head on my desk??? LOL

This problem will be solved or I will go down trying!

Thanks so much to you and to everyone who has/is trying to help me,

Sylvia

Also check out...

www.officedepot.com
www.officemax.com
www.frys.com
www.compusa.com
www.bestbuy.com

I know today I saw both cd-rom's and cr-rw's for $40 and less.... Think the
cd-rom..which was 52X was about $20-30 and that is brand new with a
warranty.

hugs,
Rose

Where do you live?

Maybe..I could get one for you..and mail it to you.. cheap slow mail...
less
that shipping and handling from some stores...

I am in Las Vegas, Nevada
Hugs,
Rose