-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD Drawer

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, betty <nextcent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:16:09 -0400

Take note that the paper clip has to go into the center. You can place the
paper clip into the hole and it might wiggle around inside, so that means you
haven't "hit" the spot that needs to be pushed in. Make sure you get dead
center, and push firmly and with some force.

If that doesn't help, it is very possible that there is indeed something
physically preventing you from doing so. Have you restarted the computer, as if
its not a physical blockage a restart might help. Are you getting any power at
all to the drive? See any lights on on the drive?

And, to try and figure out what could have caused this, did you have a CD in
there that maybe shattered? Did you here any popping?

======================================
= SirTroth
= ICQ: 1717439
= YAHOO: SirTroth